MacroMonitor Market Trends Newsletter January 2017
If you are not a MacroMonitor sponsor but would like more information about this topic, please contact us.
First Peek at the 2016–17 MacroMonitor
The new data are available. From the following links, you can view mini-presentations of topline results from the 2016–17 MacroMonitor. The mini-presentations demonstrate the breadth and depth of understanding that derive from all that the MacroMonitor contains.
First Peek at the 2016–17 MacroMonitor data looks at seven leading-edge topics:
- Contactless Payment: Will contactless payment—like the 1990s' debit card—take ten years to become an overnight success? Who is winning the contactless-payment market, and has any provider reached critical mass?
- Is "Face-to-Face" Doomed?: Financial services were first available in person, so that people could look into the eye of the provider. FinTech's success has no guarantee, and its progress varies by product and population.
- Maturing Millennials: Millennials-headed households now number as many as Boomers-headed households, but the two cohorts are not at the same place in their life paths, and their needs are different.
- Peer-to-Peer Payments: The sharing economy (Uber, Lyft, and Airbnb) is penetrating the financial-services industry specifically for transactions, borrowing, and lending and investing.
- Retirement's Second Act: Retirement is a twentieth-century anachronism. But what will replace it remains unformed. Regardless, financial providers have real opportunities to meet the evolving needs of the Semiretired, the Revolving Retired, the Newly Retired, and other Life Stages.
- Robo Advisors: Who knows what Robo Advisors are? Who's heard of the firms offering them? And, most important, who's using them now and who may use them soon?
- Social-Media Use: Although virtually ubiquitous in modern society, use of social media for financial purposes may be growing, but its use remains niche. How social media might help consumers make financial decisions remains unclear.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
To learn more, contact us. From their CFD client-landing page, MacroMonitor subscribers may:
- Access the January 2017 Segment Summaries:
- Next-Generation Transactions: Contactless Payment
- Households That Make Direct versus In-Person Purchases
- Millennials-Headed Households
- P2P Households: Disintermediating Financial Institutions
- Working-Retired Households
- Robo-Advisor Households
- Social-Media Households.