Permission to Reprint VALS™ Information
VALS materials are copyrighted and are unavailable for use without express written permission from Strategic Business Insights (SBI). We are happy to grant this permission on a case-by-case basis.
To obtain permission, you must:
- Download, complete, and sign the VALS™ Reprint Permission Form
- Pay a processing fee of $1,500.00
- You will receive an invoice. On the permission form, please supply the name/company/email of the person to receive the invoice. For reference, also include the name of the author, title of the publication, and edition number.
- Return the completed permission form to SBI with the following materials:
- The text discussing VALS
- Before submitting your completed permission form and text, check your facts: Download the VALS Fact Sheet
- If you plan to reprint VALS materials in a book, send a copy of the entire chapter in a Word document so that track changes can serve for editing.
- If you plan to reprint VALS materials in a newsletter, please include a copy of the entire newsletter.
- Graphics, tables, or charts relating to VALS that will appear in your publication.
- The text discussing VALS
- Check your text and graphics for accuracy and send any necessary corrections to you for author approval
- Return the SBI-signed permission form to you after SBI has approved the submitted revisions and received the processing-fee payment. (Please allow up to 30 days for processing.)
By completing and signing the reprint permission form, you agree to the following terms:
- The first mention of VALS™ must include the trademark symbol.
- The source line reads:
Source: Strategic Business Insights (SBI); www.strategicbusinessinsights.com/valsIf your request includes electronic publishing, the link must be active.
- Requests that include translations, permission to reprint in other languages, and permission to distribute in countries other than the United States or Canada must include:
To receive an accurate VALS Type: By design, the questions are for use by people whose first language is American English. If you are not a citizen of the United States or Canada, residency should be for enough time to know the culture and its idioms. If you do not meet these conditions, your VALS type will not be accurate.
- When the final publication is available, you will send a copy of it to SBI for our records.
- The permission to reprint pertains to that specific request only. If you want to use the material for subsequent editions, you must reapply for permission.
- VALS materials are copyrighted and are unavailable for use without express written permission from SBI.