Dominican Republic VALS
Dominicana VALS segments adults in the Dominican Republic into one of eight consumer groups on the basis of primary motivations: Ideas, Achievement, and Stimulation.
To learn more about Dominicana VALS and its use, contact Jacobo Riquelme at Mercom Venezuela ().
The Dominican Republic's Consumer Groups
- Reflexivos are predominantly knowledge-oriented and reflective. They exercise power and leadership in society through intellectual pursuits.
- Hogareños are sociable and open to learning, but the center of their universe is home.
- Conquistadores are natural leaders who enjoy physical and intellectual challenges; they reach beyond tradition through an appreciation of modern life.
- Fajadores are planners—they focus on goals and objectives.
- Básicos prefer stability over change and to follow decisions of others rather than leading.
- Vanguardistas want to change the world. They want to be the center of attention through their style of dress and opinion leadership.
- Disputestos pursue fun and entertainment through social events and generally focus on excitement in many of their daily activities.
- Tradicionales show little ambition or interest in novelty and instead prefer a simple, traditional life. Their motivation seems to be homostasis (energy balance and quietness).